Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kids say the damndest things

Recently I was in the car with my step sons. I was just telling someone this story, and decided that I would share here as well. It's a doozie.

It's early. We are all still sleepy. Evan (6) is looking out of the window when he blurts out, "I saw Mommy naked." Ok, no big deal. I had to remind myself to breathe because I knew there was going to be more. Evan looked up at me and explained that he walked in when his mother was getting out of the shower one morning. He looked me dead in the eye and said, "Mommy has a hairy butt. Do you have a hairy butt, Lauren?" Thank god we were at a stop light. Thank god. Otherwise I would have been in an accident at that moment. I ignored him as best I could and directed the conversation elsewhere, asking a question about school. Evan sat there quietly, not listening to me at all. He then looked up and said, "Not her butt. Her... her... CROTCH! MOMMY HAS A HAIRY CROTCH!" All the while he was pointing at crotch, wriggling his finger at it, and scrunching up his nose with a face of disgust. I don't know how to explain how relieved I was that we were right around the corner from our destination, and I was able to get away from this conversation. After the boys got out of the car, I was finally able to laugh. Unfortunatly, now every time I see their mother, I picture her with an afro between her legs. Ewwwwwwwwwww.

2 comments:

Genelle said...

Remember Scary Movie? When he had to take a chainsaw to her twat? That's what I'm picturing - LOL!

Lauren said...

great. Now I have another image of her crotch... hairy crotch at that... in my head. Thanks bunches. LOL!